Building a Website

hawthorn59 02:11 26 Jan 2007

Hi folks

Hope someone can advise me here. I need a website or webpage (whats the difference?) for my choir. We sing at weddings and are becoming very very busy. But the one question we get from enquiring brides is "have you a webpage where we can hear you?". Its obvious that the web is the place to promote ourselves.

Also I have a nephew who will be able to create a page/site for us. We obviously need sound clips on it. Just a few questions.

We record ourselves, I have another friend who can do it onto cd, then I presume just rip the tracks on to the pc. Is this the best way? How do you put just a 30 sec clip, or with the increase of broadband can we just put on a full song?

Could i record onto pc directly? I play kepboard too, and we'd have 4/5 singers?

If this is a silly question sorry, but where do I host (I presume thats the term) the site? My ISP is Ireland Online (BT Ireland), so do they give you space? But soon I will be leaving them as Im getting broadband from a wireless comapny, do all prividers give you some space?

Is a blog a poor substitute for a website, and could I out sound clips on that?

Sorry if these questions seem basic, but Im very new to this site of computing!

many thanks!

h

FreeCell 15:17 26 Jan 2007

I nthink BT does give you free webspace but not sure how much as it may depend on your package.

You could probably go for a simple one or two page site and it should be no problem including clips of music. I'd go for the 30 sec clip as that will be enough to give the clients a sense of your musicality etc.

You can easily rip music to a PC from a CD or you could record directly. You can get many different freeware programs that would enable you to edit any recording down to the required length.

DerekR 22:33 26 Jan 2007

click here

Probably a great way to start building a website free. Simple but effective

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?