building a pc

st.sernin 18:41 06 Apr 2004

I have just been given the following.asrock motherboard(k7s8x).maxtor diamond plus 9 120gb hard drive.(it is new but I have no literature on it.As is the same with ther following.dvd rom drive(ultima electronic corp.)cd r rw 52x32x52(ultima electronic corp)I have a case and a graphics card(brand new with driver disc and leads)it is an ati radeon 9200se 128mb, 8x agp.
I have never built a pc before can anybody tell me if the above are compatible.I have some install disc and driver discs but I dont really know what to do when I have put the thing together.The motherboard is also new with manual and disc.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:58 06 Apr 2004

click here

click here

Both are good guides to read and give you a place to start.

Regards.

961 19:21 06 Apr 2004

Look at click here

Then look at the web sites for the various bits and pieces you have got

You'll need a processor to go with the motherboard and the motherboard web site should tell you what processors the motherboard will support

You'll also need an operating system plus some other bits and pieces

The other thing I would say is "take your time" don't try to do it in 5 minutes. You have the bones of a system but seek advice from friends or from this forum

spuds 19:42 06 Apr 2004

A little more help on building click here

Some hardware info/help click here

sidecar sid 20:00 06 Apr 2004

A few usefull videos here

click here

Best seen with a broadband connection.

Gongoozler 20:21 06 Apr 2004

Your motherboard supports Duron or Athlon processors click here. If you're on a tight budget, the Duron is superb value for money. A 1.6G Duron costs about £27 click here, and a heatsink about £6 click here (although this one is on 14 days delivery). You may want a floppy drive at about £6 click here. Also don't forget the memory. If you are going to install Windows XP, you'll need a minimum of 256M DDR memory, and you won't get better than Crucial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache