Bug Doctor

JKAM 23:09 08 Dec 2005

The above will check for 'bugs' on your computer and fix them, but you have to pay an enormous amount of money for the service. Does anybody know of any cheaper options?

Dan the Doctus 23:13 08 Dec 2005

Ignore it, Ccleaner is much better and free click here

GaT7 23:13 08 Dec 2005

If there's nothing wrong with your PC, I would suggest leave it as it is - if it ain't broke...

If you're having problems, post them here & we'll try to help. G

JKAM 23:21 08 Dec 2005

It's just that Bug Doctor has identified about 300 'bugs' on my computer, which is a bit worrying, but it runs OK. I was wondering if it would run a bit faster 'bug free' as it tends to be a bit slow with the occasional problem that is notified to Microsoft.

Dan the Doctus 23:26 08 Dec 2005

They aren't actually 'bugs', they're invalid registry entries. Ccleaner will remove them.

Dan the Doctus 23:35 08 Dec 2005

Alternatively, you could use Regseeker click here and CleanUp! click here which is my preference. These will remove invalid registry entries and unnecessary files, as will Ccleaner.

Remember that with any registry cleaner you need to run them until no more invalid entries are found (usually once or twice).

GaT7 00:02 09 Dec 2005

Prior to using any registry cleaner, I would recommend backing up your registry or creating a System Restore point (if using WinXP).

If you're using WinXP there are many tips/guides that can help to 'speed' it up:

* click here
* click here
* click here
* click here
* click here
* click here

G

JKAM 20:40 10 Dec 2005

Problem solved, thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?