buffer overun- what is it?

goscinny 20:22 28 Sep 2006

I had installed quicktime 7 player as a free download. I decided to buy it. and was sent registration keys etc., Now nothing in quicktime works at all. The picture is a green mess whatever is tried. I phone quicktime's help but they haven't solved my problem. I have had a message which says, ' buffer overun error, the quicktime internal program is corrupted and must close' What can I do about it?I have tried removing the program, reloading it and re entering the registration key but the same thing happens over again.Any help would be appreciated.

Goscinny

Mark5001 20:25 28 Sep 2006

An overrun condition occurs when your computer sends data to the buffer, eg to a CD-RW drive, faster than the data in the buffer can be written-out.

VoG II 20:28 28 Sep 2006

In my opinion QT is a pain. Try this click here instead.

goscinny 22:12 28 Sep 2006

Thanks- I have downloaded the quicktime alternative, and removed the quicktime pro 7. this has solved the problem, but don't know if apple quicktime will refund my money, I've asked anyway... VoG is quite right- QT is a real pain. I hate to think what my phonebill to their technical support line will cost me too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?