BT/Yahoo E-Mail Service

User-C5CE72DE-020B-4DD8-A95855D47F731F00 21:56 19 Jan 2006

Can anybody please explain to me why it is that if I access my BT/Yahoo e-mail service from work, or the next door neighbour's computer come to that, the toolbar provides a cut and paste facility (or one can right click the text to cut and paste). But on my brand new Dell machine the toolbar has no such icon and indeed one cannot cut and paste e-mails by right clicking. It just doesn't make sense to me. I have asked the Yahoo helpdesk but it replied that the screen will be standard whichever computer is used, which is utterly logical but unfortunately in my case, incorrect!

Many thanks

VoG II 21:59 19 Jan 2006

I don't know but do the following work?

CTRL + C = Copy

CTRL + X = Delete

CTRL + V = Paste

brambles 22:09 19 Jan 2006

But surely the email page has File/Edit/View along the top and you just access Copy/Paste from the drop down menu.

Which is just a long way round of doing what
VoG™ recommends(Just done his method to get that tricky name of his correct).

Brambles

Thank you Brambles. Yes, I do have those buttons but they don't work. The buttons I was referring specifically to are the ones across the top of the message box. When I access my account from work there are two more - copy and paste - than when I access it from home. The only difference I can think of is that work we have IE as our browser, (as I used to do on my old computer), whereas now I use Firefox at home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?