BTVoyager2091

Inquisitive 21:21 04 Jul 2006

I have a problem, but I know someone out there can help me. I have a BTVoyager 2091 connected to my PC by ethernet, and all is in fine working order, my wife has a computer across the hallway, connected wirelessly to the router, again working well.
Both PC's are fitted with a Linksys USB adaptor,
and have previously been talking to each other, sharing files etc. I am getting a little frustrated in that I cannot connect wirelessly to my own PC.
As I said, I can connect by ethernet, but it bugs me that I am unable to connect wirelessly.
I havre tried all combinations of TCP/IP setups but nothing works, when I try to view available networks I am informed there are no networks in range and yet my wifes computer see's both the Voyager and the Linksys and can connect to either, turning off the firewall doesn't help, if I had any wits I would be at their end. Please, any suggestions?

mgmcc 23:04 04 Jul 2006

<<< when I try to view available networks I am informed there are no networks in range and yet my wifes computer see's both the Voyager and the Linksys and can connect to either, >>>

I don't follow this. I thought the router was a "Voyager" and the wireless adapters were "Linksys"

If this is correct, and your wife is actually connecting directly to your network adapter, yours must be configured to run in "Ad Hoc" mode. In the Network Connections folder, right click the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties. Click the Wireless Networks tab and then click the Advanced button. Set it to "Access point (infrastructure) networks only". Should you be running the Linksys software, there should still be an option to use Infrastructure networks or, better still, change from the Linksys software to Windows' own wireless networking.

Inquisitive 13:11 05 Jul 2006

Thanks for the swift reply, I guess my query was rather confusing, originally my broadband was connected through a Speedtouch adsl modem, and my wifes pc was connected to my pc via a Linksys usb wireless adapter.This meant that in order for her to connect, my computer had to be switched on and connected to the internet. Now, with the Voyager 2091 router she can connect directly to the net, still using the Linksys adapter. My pc has the same model Linksys adapter, configured exactly the same as hers, but I am completely unable to connect wirelessly, I seem to have tried every possible combination og TCP/IP settings, ad hoc mode and infrastructure, firewall on and off, encription settings etc, my linksys adapter just will not recognise any network within reach.
Hope this is a little more coherent, and that someonehas an answer for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache