BTHomeHub connection speeds

dozerman 11:32 15 Apr 2007

I recently upgraded to BT Total Broadband, I only have a 512M line but though it would maybe increase slighty, unfortunatley it has gone the other way.I ran Bt's own test and it says my line is configured at 135kbps but when I try to download it starts at about 85kbps and drops quickly to about 14kbps.Any help please.

[email protected] 11:40 15 Apr 2007

hi, it takes about 7/10 days to find your optimum settings, i went spare after i set up mine!
i have the 8 meg with a home hub, at first it was very low (about 1 mb)after a few days it went to 5.5 mb after a week or so it went to 7mb and there it has stayed, there is a warning that you will have instability for up to 10 days while it finds it's feet, i got occasional disconnections too, you have to give it about 5 days of average use then it will vastly improve
adam

Dipso 20:55 15 Apr 2007

Do you know how far you are from the telephone exchange? If you are some distance it's possible that you may not benefit much from upgrading to the up to 8 Meg product due to line instability.

As adaman 2 says, give it the 10 days (although there's no reason why it shold take 10 days to settle, the training period is only to work out the fault tolerance for your line) and see what you end up with. BT don't usually consider complaints/fault reports anyway until after the training period is over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?