BTFon ??

Bagsey 17:54 11 Mar 2011

My wifes laptop has been infected by something calling itself BTfon and she cant get into her normal email etc. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

Nontek 17:56 11 Mar 2011
  Bagsey 18:03 11 Mar 2011

How do I get rid of it off her laptop as she cant get into her email or internet account. Everytime I try to set her opening page back to normal she gets the entry page for the BTFon.Which she has no use for and does not want.

Pineman100 18:23 11 Mar 2011

I think you may be telling us that BTFon has set itself as your wife's browser home page. Is that correct?

If so, and assuming that you're using Internet Explorer, then click here and follow the instructions to set her home page back to whatever web page she chooses.

Sea Urchin 18:26 11 Mar 2011

Right click the wireless icon in your notification area (near the clock) and select Show available networks. Select your own network and connect to it.

It should be possible to repeat the process and select BTFon - then click to either remove from the list or suppress it to stop it trying to take over.

Cav1 17:30 16 Mar 2011

Had the same problem, sea urchin is right
thats how I got rid of mine, good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?