BT Yahoo mail IE8 and font sizes

mooly 07:36 30 Apr 2009

Yet another IE8 question I'm afraid. I use Yahoo mail exclusively and with IE8 the default font sizes are microscopic.
Also typing into certain web pages the same, for example in the "Google" search box.
Have text size to "largest" in the page settings on IE8 toolbar, but have to juggle the magnification at the bottom right. 125% give the text size I was used to in IE7 but of course the rest of the page is oversized on some but not all sites.
Just wondered... out for the day now... thanks.

^wave^ 08:53 30 Apr 2009

go to page top right press button and see what the text size is set for there.
if that fails try compatability mode

mooly 07:27 01 May 2009

Thanks wave. Set text to "Largest" Compatability view subtly alters page layout but thats all.
Try and picture this,

View an email, and the message text is tiny. The text size button you refer to alters the size of all the page text EXCEPT the message content. The only way to make that bigger is to use the "magnification" button. When I say small it's about the size of the smallest text you will see scrolling up and down this page in the adverts.
If I compose an email and send it to myself to testI have to use much larger font sizes for it to look normal when I receive and read it. IE7 was perfect in all this respect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?