BT yahoo mail

bosh24 22:28 16 Nov 2006

I have Bt yahoo mail set as my default email. why do some of my emails go to outlook express and when i open OE to ckeck, all my emails transfer over. windows xp os

anskyber 09:14 17 Nov 2006

Default address is for identifying the send address to use. Your PC will still pick up any e-mail sent to you where the e-mail account is still shown as an account for the pc to check. If you only want the Yahoo account to pick up e-mail delete the other accounts.

bosh24 16:26 17 Nov 2006

Thanks for the advise. i will delete one of the accounts when i have decided which is best.
can anyone tell me how to get my emails back fron OE to Bt Yahoo

amonra 16:36 17 Nov 2006

Just "Forward" to your other address.

bosh24 19:05 17 Nov 2006

Its easy when you know how.I have now moved all my emails back to bt yahoo. If i choose to delete OE, what can go wrong and can i get it back again. thanks for the help so far.

p;3 19:15 17 Nov 2006

if you have your mails already on your pc is there a reason why you wish to put your mails back on the server? and if you wish to leave the mails on server when you have downloaded them to your pc , I think you need to reprogram your oe to leave a copy of the mail on server

p;3 19:19 17 Nov 2006

to leave a copy of mail on server, open oe ; navigate through the individual mail accounts; tools/accounts/mail/properties/advanced/
tick "leave copy of mail on server"

bosh24 19:23 17 Nov 2006

The problem i have is that not all of my emails appear to reach bt yahoo and when i check in oe the existing emails in bt yahoo transfer over to oe.

bosh24 19:29 17 Nov 2006

if i do as you say my emails that i have just put back on my server will go back as soon as i open oe to carry out the actions required

p;3 19:30 17 Nov 2006

have you checked on the btyahoo server to see if mails are being directed to the spam ?junk box and not the in box? oE will only pick up from the in box on server

bosh24 19:36 17 Nov 2006

I have noticed that the email box is greyed out in settings,internet options, connections. although bt yahoo is entered in the box. p;3 how do i do what you you suggest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?