BT Yahoo email not sending

Jan Cyrka 11:44 28 Nov 2006

Hi
I'm having problems with my BT Yahoo email in both Oulook Express and Thunderbird. I can receive email fine, problem is I can't send it. This started happening 4 days ago.
All my SMTP settings are fine.
Just to be sure, I tried setting up my Gmail POP account in Outlook and this worked fine for both sending and receiving.
I have phoned BT about this but they are worse than useless. The "offshore" "support" ran a remote desktop session on my PC 3 times and just fiddled about with the SMTP settings to no avail. Their excuses were "the values need changed by the system vendor" - "your pw5 file is corrupt" - "Yahoo's authentication isn't working". The 3rd one seemed most likely, and said they would call me back within 24 hours, but that was 2 days ago. I still have the problem. I'm fed up with BT's pitiful excuse for customer support.

Does anyone access their Yahoo mail from Outlook or Thunderbird? If so, is anyone else having problems sending mail?

Thanks for any advice.

Jan Cyrka 17:50 28 Nov 2006

Is anyone else able to send/receive Yahoo email using POP access in Outlook Express or Thunderbird?
Would like to know as I am about to phone BT again to complain.
Thanks.

Rigga 18:02 28 Nov 2006

Just checked mine and it won't send either.

Sorry I can't help but at least you know your not alone.

R.

perplexed user 20:37 28 Nov 2006

I'm having a similar problem using Outlook 2003 which will not send yet Outlook Express will. My ISP is Plusnet. Anyone else sharing my experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone