BT wireless connection

roxi 09:42 03 Dec 2006

Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody could help me. I have bought new BT wireless Hub and cannot connect wirelessly. I followed the instructions on the installation CD but when it comes to finding the signal it won't connect.
I have also tried to connect with USB wire but that doesn't work either. I also couldn't install BT installation CD for some reason. I am absolutely desperate to get this thing started. I have spent most of yesterday on the phone with BT advisors, but they kept saying that there is probably something in our laptop which is stopping BT broadband from working. Please, can somebody help?? Thank you!

Ikelos 09:58 03 Dec 2006

my first port of call, would be to switch off the firewall,

Technotiger 10:01 03 Dec 2006

Hmmm, gotta start somewhere - how long have you had BT Broadband, have you previously used it or is this a new BT BB setup, when was your BT BB activated by BT?

You have bought new BT wireless hub!! normally everything you need is supplied by BT free. Installing the CD should be a simple process of inserting CD and following on-screen prompts.

What OS, XP? plus a bit more detail about your laptop.

Armed with ALL the above info we might be able to get a bit further with this for you.

LAP 10:04 03 Dec 2006

Is your laptop fitted with a 'built-in wireless adapter'?

Technotiger 10:15 03 Dec 2006

Also what Model is your new BT Hub - there are different models.

roxi 10:51 03 Dec 2006

I have got a laptop Compaq nx9005, Windows XP. I have bought BT Voyager 1065 adapter which I configured on my laptop. Well, I am not sure what kind of Hub do I have as have no idea where to look!

roxi 11:35 03 Dec 2006

Now I really don't know what to think!! I have tried again...and it appears to me, that I am actually connected through my Bt wireless adapter, It says that I am connected, the speed is 54Mbps but if I want to open internet explore it says that it cannot find the server!??????
Please is there anything I should try??????
Thank you

suburban train 13:22 03 Dec 2006

can you not ring BT and get our DNS settings ammended?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?