BT Wireless Broadband connecting

mac0202 12:37 04 Oct 2007

Need help please.
I am able to get my USB 11g adaptor to connect to my BT broadband Hub but when i try and connect to the internet no connetion is being made. Any ideas what the problem could be.

mgmcc 13:04 04 Oct 2007

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

mac0202 13:22 04 Oct 2007

Hi,
yes see what you mean. Have tried selecting router SSID name and then clicking on the 'connect' box.
I'am prompted with a WEP Setting notification box asking me if i want to 'use previous WEP settngs'.
After selecting 'Yes' there still is no internet page appearing?

mgmcc 19:35 04 Oct 2007

The WEP key that you enter must be the one that has been set up in the router. This will either be its default key (which may be detailed on a label attached to the router) or a WEP key that you've created yourself in the router's settings. I'm not sure that "previous WEP settings" would necessarily be the correct ones to connect to the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?