BT Wireless

Chas49 19:23 25 Jan 2008

I recently bought a BT Home Hub and a '1055' Wireless adaptor. I didn't rea;ise that the adaptor was for XP and not Vista.

It does work perfectly in my XP processed computer so no complaints of the efficiency of either adaptor or hub. But is it the software that is confined to XP or is it the adaptor itself? Can I link my Vista computer to the hub by other means?

Graham. 19:37 25 Jan 2008
  Graham. 19:39 25 Jan 2008
  woodchip 20:05 25 Jan 2008

what adapter, plugs are interchangeable xp or vista

woodchip 20:11 25 Jan 2008

so what we are talking is a usb wireless dongle, software and internal design of the dongle can stop them working on any computer, I had this with a old Toshiba Win98se Laptop. A Tevion Dongle would not work with my 3Com Router a 3Com PCMCIA WiFi card would not work but a 3Com Dongle did. I did not need to buy any as I already had these to try

Chas49 20:27 25 Jan 2008

Thanks Graham:

I now have the driver from the link you provided. Presumably I just copy this driver to the computer in question - the disk of course is useless on the computer but I'm hoping that all that the disk did was to try to install the driver which it held.

Woodchip: The BT 1055 Adaptor - it would appear that it's just a software problem and hopefully Graham's link will solve that.

I will post the result.

Finally, for now, it never ceases to amaze me how the members of this forum lend a hand when others experience trouble. I, for ome.am greatful!

Chas49 20:31 25 Jan 2008

Woodchip: Sorry - didn't see your second post until I posted mine.

I think the adaptor is OK - it works fine on the XP computer - as indeed did the software.

Chas49 20:50 25 Jan 2008

OK Graham and Woodchip - Dsik not needed. The driver was installed abd, from the Start menu the selecgtion of 'Connect' did just that.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?