BT web hosting-is there a catch?

turkeylurkey 19:05 27 Jan 2003

hello
I am looking for a host for my small business website.I currently pay £21 ish for BT Anytime.On the BT site they advertise a product called "BT Broadband Business 500 plug+go" which costs about £35 a month inc vat.

I'm thinking I could use this to replace my BT Anytime account as I wouldn't need it if I had broadband anyway!

If my calculations are correct, I can therefore have my site hosted PLUS upgrade to broadband (they give you free modem etc) for only £14 a month more than I pay now. Or, if you look at it another way, I can get broadband - which is £30 a month - and have my site hosted for £5 a month!

Have I missed something? It seems too good to be true.

thanks in advance

Dinkiz 22:08 27 Jan 2003

Hiya,

Your calculations seem fine to me. BT are offering this special deal until the end of March 2003, so like you I too am going for it. If you trawl the archives here in PC Advisor, you'll see fors and against BT Broadband, but then saying that you look at all the Broadband providers and they get exactly the same publicity.

Go for it.
Dinkiz :o)

turkeylurkey 11:06 28 Jan 2003

thanks, dinkiz

think i might just go for it - at least you know who you're dealing with with BT, even if they are swines!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?