BT Voyager 2110 help with AOL please...

OoOGazOoO 07:34 21 Apr 2007

Hi guys.

I have recently got a BT Voyager 2110 modem but i am having problems in going wireless with it. It connects on when you have the ethernet cable in etc... but when i want to go wireless then it doesnt seem to work.

The other problem seems that i go to the page where you type your ISP password and username in, but when i try and click some of the other options on the left it brings u a little password prompt but i dont know what username or password it is wanting when that happens, and this results in me not being able to update the firmware, etc...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Gaz.

T0SH 20:43 21 Apr 2007

There would appear to be some information here on your problem I hope it may help you

click here

Cheers HC

rdave13 23:53 21 Apr 2007

With AOL you must create a new screen name just for the router. All in lower case and must have general(+18) access. If you use your own then you'll lose connection.

OoOGazOoO 00:07 22 Apr 2007

Thanks both of you.

I will check the link out.

Many Thanks again.

jolorna 10:36 22 Apr 2007

the username and password for the voyager 2110 to get into the settings is just admin for both

OoOGazOoO 10:38 22 Apr 2007

Ah yeh thanks for that.

Just a quick question.

How do i go about changing the password for the actual wireless connection because it seems pretty easy to get onto the wireless network.

A member of my family managed to get on with another computer without asking me for the actual password, it was just on the internet, through google.

Thanks.

jolorna 11:10 22 Apr 2007

if your on about changing the amin to something else it gives you the option in that section but make sure you write it down, i don't use wirless at the moment so i can't give you any other help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?