BT Voyager 2110 Configuration Problem!

SAH 00:03 07 Mar 2006

Hello,

I recently purchased the above product but I am unable to open the Router Control Panel. I have a Desktop PC which I want to connect to the Router using a wired connection and then I have a Laptop which I want to subsequently configure wirelessly. The wired light to which the Ethernet cable is connected illuminates briefly on the Router when I turn on my Desktop, but then goes off, the wireless light however, is lit.

The impression I am getting now, is that I need to install a BT Voyager 1040 Desktop Adaptor, which I find somewhat confusing as I cannot see any benefits in connecting my Desktop to the Router wirelessly, especially in view of the fact that the Router has an option for both a wired and a wireless connection.

Can anyone help me please?

pc_doctor 00:11 07 Mar 2006

Hi,
Try typing click here into internet explorer, to gain access to the control panel.

Newuser38 10:20 07 Mar 2006

I have used this router for 6 months now and so far no problems apart from having to turn the pc off and on again to connect to the router on occasions.

I have both cable and wireless connections to broadband via the router and all of them seemed to work automatically. I think the configure should be 192.168.1.1. The configure screen should open when you connect to Broadband Step 6 in the instructions which come with the router.

My one machine did not have an ethernet card, hope fully yours has, which I got and fitted and connected to the router as in step 5 in the instructions.

if you have followed the instructions and you are sure your pc is connectable try the troubleshooting routine at the end of the instruction leaflet. It does say if the ethernet light is not illuminated the computer is not connected and tells you how to troubleshoot.

Hope this is helpful let us know how you get on.

SAH 18:35 08 Mar 2006

Thanks for the advice - going to have another go at it tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes. It seems there is definitely a problem with the configuration of my Desktop and the ethernet card and not the router. I was worried that I had to configure the router wirelessly FIRST before attempting to connected via the ethernet socket, but unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying Newuser38 this isn't the case!

Newuser38 15:04 11 Mar 2006

Sorry did not respond to your last post. You should have been able to connect via cable w/o wireless. Hope you have sorted it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017