BT Voyager 2110 can it be used with other ISP's?

gordyuk 05:17 14 Aug 2006

Hello

I have the BT Voyager 2110 Wireless Router and I'm considering changing my ISP. Can this router be used with other ISP's? If so could you please explain how, because if I want to access my router I have to type in my BT mail address and password to login, this is why I'm concerned that I cannot use it with another ISP.

Thanks

mgmcc 08:31 14 Aug 2006

If your particular 2110 was supplied by BT as part of a broadband package, it may be "locked" to their service. The 2110 is available from retail outlets, so obviously all versions of it aren't locked to BT. It used to be that the 2095 was locked to BT but the 2100 wasn't.

The test is probably whether, having accessed its settings, you can set up a Username & Password for internet access which isn't a "BT-specific" one.

FelixTCat 09:39 14 Aug 2006

gordyuk,

With most routers you have to type in a username and password to access the setup pages. With the BT 2110 it is only the advanced settings that are protected.

When you log into the router at 192.168.1.1 the username and password you see are for your adsl connection, not the router. If you click on Advanced, you are asked for another username and password and these are to access the router's other setup pages.

If you have a friend with broadband, take your router there and try to use it on his service with his username and password. If it works, then the router will work on any ISP. If you cannot change the logon and password from BT, then it is locked.

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?