BT Voyager 2091

cjshirlaw 23:49 15 Jan 2007

I have just purchased the above wireless router and have done everything it says in the intallation guide but i still can not access the web. All the lights come on except the internet one, and when i go to aol to sign on it just doesnt connect to the internet.

can anyone help please?

Ashrich 12:02 16 Jan 2007

Where did you buy the router from , BT usually ISP lock their hardware , meaning it can only be used for the intended ISP and no other .

Ashley

Ashrich 12:04 16 Jan 2007

Also , have you put your AOL connection details into the router then clicked on " connect " if only the internet is not lit then it needs those extra details and to be told to connect before you can use it .

Ashley

cjshirlaw 17:30 16 Jan 2007

I bought it from currys.digital, how could i change the isp?

Ashrich 19:20 16 Jan 2007

Unless it was bought as a BT package it may well be already unlocked , can you access the router interface ? Type into your address bar in Internet Explorer 192.168.1.1 to access the setup pages and enter your AOL settings , then click on connect , you have to make it login to AOL first before you can access the internet from your PC . For AOL settings search the forum , there are loads of threads . If it is locked to BT , take it back and explain to them what you really need .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017