BT Voyager 2091

dave1979 23:00 28 Jan 2006

Hi,

Right, where do i begin?

I purchsed one of these routers from bt and received it this morning at about 11am.

I have been interested in computers for a few years and know mostly what i am doing but this beats the hell out of me.

I have connected the cables excatly as shown in the installation CD, i have removed all of my other connections (i was using an alcatel speedtouch modem before) and i have connected the ADSL cable to the router.

As far as i can make out both my 360 and my Asus network card detect the router as functional but i am unable to complete the router installation because the CD cant detect a DSL line, even when i plug my router into the ADSL wall socket that we had to have installed when we had broadband fitted a few years ago.

I dont like to be beaten by computers but this is nocking the hell out of me. I can detect the router but i can't access the internet nor complete the initial setup.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before i end up throwing this thing at the wall.

thanks,

Dave.

Skyver 00:28 29 Jan 2006

Have you connected the PC and router with a network cable prior to sorting out wireless communication?

dave1979 22:30 01 Feb 2006

Hi,

Thanks for you're reply Skyver, i have managed to fix the problem by installing the router via USB (ethernet sucked) and then designating an IP address to the router. It all works perfectly now which is great new's if you're an Xbox Live junkie like me :)

Later on when i get a chance i will post a tutorial on how to set up the router because from what i have seen i am not the only guy on here who has had problems setting up one of the voyager routers.

Thanks,

Dave.

mydaz 16:05 09 Feb 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Voyager 2091 wireless router by BT can be configured to work with any other ISP provider other than BT. I am with Wanadoo and I get so far but the device is telling me it only wants to work with BT!

If you know how to crack it can you post it please.

Thanks

Mydaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?