BT voyager 205 acting up since SP2 install

Richard-1235251 17:15 04 Feb 2008

I hope someone can help me.
I recently installed windows xp service pack 2 on my pc. Since I did that my BT voyager 205 router has been acting up. It keeps following the same pattern. It works normally for a few minutes ( I'm connected via ethernet ) with the ethernet light flashing whilst I am browsing or downloading, then it stops working, the ethernet light & the DSL light next to it flash a few times together, then the ethernet light stays on & the ethernet light flashes rapidly for around 15 seconds & then stops. while all thia happens I cannot browse & downloads stall. I then have to wait about a minute until it starts to work again. I've turned of the windows firewall so its not that. Any ideas anybody?

brundle 17:21 04 Feb 2008

Remove and re-install ethernet drivers? Get the latest version from the appropriate site in case there have revisions.

Ashrich 08:36 05 Feb 2008

If the DSL light is flashing as well it means it is trying to re-synchronise with the exchange , ie. it has lost the connection and is trying to get it back , either a problem with your phone line , the filter(s) on the line , or possibly the router itself . I don't think that an Ethernet problem would make the router lose sync as it is permanently connected whether anything else is working or not . Try rebooting the Voyager ( remove power for a couple of minutes ) or completely reset it ( using the recessed reset button ) and enter your contact details again .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017