BT Softphone Update problem

noclue 04:23 14 Jul 2007

I have BT Broadband and downloaded their BT Softphone which never seemed to work very well and so when an update became available I updated it. I ran Spybot later to find the Worldantispyware.com trojan and I traced it back to the program files of the BT softphone. I mentioned it to my friend who also had just updated the BT Softphone and also discovered the same malware. I just wandered has anyone else found this problem with the softphone software and how to get rid of this malware because Spybot say's it has fixed the problem but when running the antispyware a few days later the Worldantispyware.com reappears on the Spybot scan. I have had problems with BT software in the past, their dial up connection manager even stopped my computer from entering safe mode and it had to take a poor Evesham technician to make a home visit to eventually find this and that it was not a problem with Windows. I wander where they get their software from? All this has left me reluctant to use their software. I would be interested if anyone else has found such a problem. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires