BT Openworld crashes pre log in

celtic1 20:27 08 May 2007

On my PC at work (Microsoft XP) when I try to log in to my BT Openworld account via BT Yahoo, before I can even type my log in details, the log in page extends and slides down the screen and then freezes. I have to 'End task' to get out of it. This used to happen for occasional periods, but now it happens all the time. Whereas when I log in from my PC at home I have no such problem.

Also I now have a new PC at work yet this has made no difference.

It cannot be anything to do with workplace IT restrictions, as we are allowed private use of the internet, and I have no problems with any other sites. Also I keep up to date with Microsoft security patches and anti-virus scans.

Any ideas, anyone?

mitsme 20:38 08 May 2007

I am having trouble with logging onto my BT Yahoo browser. I have been able to access my Mail & BT Homepage throght IE. I'm not sure why this is happening & can't spend time to investigate now. If you get any info post back. All was working perfectly yesterday.

mitsme 09:50 12 May 2007

Hi celtic1

Problem sems to have resolved it at my end. How did it work for you? All fixed?

celtic1 10:30 12 May 2007

I wish it had. No, this has lasted for months now and, as there's no problem with logging on from my PC at home, it's nothing to do with BT Openworld itself.

I'm beginning to think the only answer is to set up an e-mail account with a different provider.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?