BT, NTL or...else? Need brainstorming

LillyValley 16:36 19 Aug 2004

I need brainstorming on the subject, to work out if I should stay with my current landline provider or change.
I've been using NTL for quite sometime, now but I'm now thinking of moving to a different landline provider, but it seems that BT is the only choice.
I need at least 2 phonelines and internet access, since I work from home (I'm disabled), yet again it seems that most othere ISPs need a BT line. Aren't there any more landlines out there?

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the right think into switching to BT, since they're rather expensive

I would like also to try Skype. Any thoughts on this one?

Any suggestions based on your experience, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PS I live in the London area

Lionheart ? 17:07 19 Aug 2004

Sorry can't with the land lines, but have been using Skype for a couple months without any problems.

JFT 17:26 19 Aug 2004

click here
Customer reviews of various service providers!

pj123 17:47 19 Aug 2004

Are you talking Broadband or Dialup here? I am on NTL via my Digital TV set top box and I have 2 separate telephone lines. Broadband doesn't use the telephone so you may only need 1 phone line.

My package with NTL is Digital Cable TV with 1 telephone line provided free (you only pay for calls) and a 2nd telephone line costs me £6 per month plus phone calls. The Broadband charge varies depending on the speed but I am on 600kbps (now updated to 750kbps) which is £25 per month.

click here

LillyValley 14:13 21 Aug 2004

Thank you for your advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?