Bt Modem Lock

jaygee77 19:19 22 Aug 2006

I recently upgraded to BT Broadband and after a load of trouble setting up the wirelss connection, including long calls to India I was up and running. However I did keep getting a message to the effect that the page I wanted was not available offline, yet all the indicators were that I was connected to the Broadband. The staff in India suggested that I uninstall all the old dial up programs which I did via the control panel and that problem was sorted but I still get a pop up on start up that tells me that my modem protection is disabled. I have been able to find the offending bits by going via windows explore and when I try to delete either "watchdog" 0r "Modem Lock" I get a message that says cannot delete etc... and that file is currently in use. It isn't causing any problems except a being a nuisance on start up. Is there a simple way to delete these remaining bits of the dial up system? I am rather nervous of doing anything that will upset the system.

FelixTCat 19:43 22 Aug 2006

jaygee77,

Start up in Safe mode ad delete from there.

Regards,

Felix

sconedd 20:43 22 Aug 2006

Hi jaygee77,
What operating system are you using, I had the same problem last year and told BT that I was not prepared to spend hours on the phone so they sent me an email with the solution, which sorted my problem operating Windows XP. If I can help let me know, and I will try. Regards sconedd

chrispduck 11:31 03 Sep 2006

Hi jaygee77

I am having the same problem as you had. How did you fully delete the modem lock in the end? I seemed to have tried everything

Thanks

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone