BT lines and broadband

Tracywt2 20:46 01 Feb 2008

Will my broadband be quicker? BT having been refused access to the rear of my property by my neighbours have offered to reroute my BT lines. Currently they come in at the back of the house to a phone socket. That feeds my broadband socket but the wires must be about several metres long as they go through the roof. Then we feed from the broadband through to the Sky socket. BT want to put a new line to the broadband socket, will this increase our speed, and is it liable to affect anything else? Sorry if this doesn't seem PC based but I'm sure someone can offer advice as I don't want to affect our broadband. Many thanks

Clapton is God 20:59 01 Feb 2008

If the proposed new line is shorter than the current one before it gets to your PC and because the new line will be "new" (that is, not old and knackered copper), you MIGHT see as light increase in speed but probably nothing to get excited about.

bluto1 21:38 01 Feb 2008

Hi, Like Clapton is God says, I too doubt if it'll be worth writing home about, but why don't you ask BT. Is BT your ISP? If so they should know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?