BT Hub setup problems

bukkaz 14:56 29 Nov 2006

BT Hub, phone etc. arrived yestersay. Went through the procedures as instructed, left for an hour and broadband light was steady as it should be but internet light didn't come on so rang them as it said. Was told not to worry and to put in CD and do what it said. Connected via USB cable as it said but still nothing. Couldn't connect. Ranfg helpline again, was told to connect to an IP address and do as he said and everything was going OK until he tried to go to next stage after I had put in a password. He told me it was because where the call centre is they only have Internet Explorer 6 and I'm using 7. Was told to get Internet Explorer 6 and ring again. To save going through all this again has anyone any suggestions? Did they have a similar problem? If not how can I set up Internet Explorer6 to go through again.

anskyber 16:06 29 Nov 2006

I am totally amazed that BT (if true) are not IE7 compliant. I know many people who are with BT and are running IE7.

You could try ringing again but if you want to follow their advice if you go to add/remove programs and install IE7 it will roll back to IE6.

Whaty 16:15 29 Nov 2006

I can't remember the resolution (or even if there is one) but I have read in this forum of people having problems with IE7 and the BT Yahoo software..

Might be worth a search or if you are lucky someone might remember the thread?

lester1 00:54 30 Nov 2006

It does not matter what version of IE the call centre is using. The problem does sometimes occur with IE7 users when trying to connect to the Router confige site.You can either roll back to IE6 or use Firefox.

steven_frost 12:25 30 Nov 2006

you can use IE7 it works fine you dot need to install the BT software can you log into your hub if not i can tell you how too

bukkaz 21:32 30 Nov 2006

Thans for the replies. I'll mark it as resolved,although technically it isn't but I now know what the problem is. After spending about 5 hours in 4 diffferent calls to call centres I finally got told that it was down to my previous ISP not doing things correctly. I then got a call from BT to say I needed a new migration code (although they had issued it to my ISP in the first place) as it couldn't be correct and that I was shown as not having an order in. Couldn't get over that if that was the case do they normally send wireless hubs and £70 phones to people who haven't got an order in. Hopefully this will get resolved in the next few days.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?