BT Homehub V2 not DHCP compatible

MForrest 08:49 27 Dec 2008

Hi

I have received a new BT HomeHub V2 but does not seem to have the functionality to put in a set of allowable DHCP IP Address Ranges.

I have a Home Network that uses an IP Address range that is not within the default allowable IP range for the router.

In the old BT Homehub V1.5 you could put in IP address ranges that would be allowed to access the router.

I have been advised by BT that the new Homehub is not DHCP Compatible at present. However, their engineers are working on it to make it DHCP compatible in future.

If anyone knows how to put in allowable IP ranges in the new BT Homehub please let me know.

Regards

Martin

The Old Mod 12:24 27 Dec 2008

This site may help click here

Tech Guy 13:00 27 Dec 2008

The Old Mod

I'm sorry if I'm a bit thick, but what has your link got to do with making the BT HomeHub V2 DHCP compatible???

Does any body else hear that?

It's the SPAM alarm is going off!!!!!!!

The Old Mod 13:11 27 Dec 2008

No spam, if you click on the BT homehub at the bottom, it's all about the Hub!

The Old Mod 13:14 27 Dec 2008

If that's too much of a problem, here's the direct link.click here

Tech Guy 13:25 27 Dec 2008

I've turned the alarm off now.

Very Red Faced - sorry.

In my defence it was very hard to find, right at the bottom on a site about Podcasting.

The Old Mod 13:27 27 Dec 2008

That's OK no problem Tech Guy, I should have posted the direct link so partly to blame, Happy new Year.

Tech Guy 13:29 27 Dec 2008

You too mate ;)

MForrest 11:15 29 Dec 2008

Hi Guys,

Thany for your help.

BT have contacted me again and confirmed that you can only have one set of IP Addresses. They say they are going to update the Homehub to allow multiple ranges.

Again thanks for your help.

Martin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?