BT Home Hub ping problem ....

woofwoofbark 01:14 04 Nov 2006

Hello , ive noticed that I cannot ping any websites through command prompt Start>Run>cmd

I am using the BT Home Hub and have tried thier desktop help but they are of no help ... I tried switching back to my other router and can ping no problem ... the BT Home Hub makes my computer run faster so I will stick with it , But how do I make it pingable ? I have read that if my line isnt pingable that it can lead to problems with speed and stabilty , should I be concerned ?

I have checked the Hub's Hub Manager and cant see anything in its configuration pages too allow ping.

Any help or advice is most welcome!

€dstowe 06:51 04 Nov 2006

I've had BT broadband ever since it first came out both at home and at my studio and I use it a lot.

I've never found I needed to "ping" anything, ever. Am I missing out on something? I don't think so.

Mike D 08:44 04 Nov 2006

I agree with €dstowe. Never felt the need at home.

Mike

Dipso 17:19 04 Nov 2006

I don't think you should be too concerned but I think you'd have to adjust the firewall settings to enable pings. Most of the advanced settings for the Home Hub e.g. MAC address filtering are only available if you telnet into the router.

You can open a telnet session to your home hub by clicking on start, run, and typing "TELNET API.HOME" (without quotes)into the run field. This will open a session. Login using username ADMIN, and whatever your admin password is. (admin again is the default)

This will get you the {admin}=> prompt

Someone's taken a screengrab
click here this
click here is the text version. I presume you'd have to select firewall and take it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?