BT Home Hub Networking Problem

Bayliss 17:21 15 Aug 2006

Hi all, I have a BT Home Hub connected to my desktop pc via USB and my Laptop wirelessly. The internet connection works fine but I cannot access either pc from the other to share files. BT's supposed tech support is useless. I presume you should be able to do via the Hub Manager as I know that is managing my connection not windows. I had a Voyager 1250 before with 2'wire's software and that worked fine. Can anyone please help?

Strawballs 22:44 15 Aug 2006

click here

click here

This seems to be growing at this rate FE will have to start a new one for BT Home Hubs

Bayliss 10:24 16 Aug 2006

Thanks Strawballs but I already read those post befores I posted, they do not answer mt question

Caskstrength60 16:39 16 Aug 2006

Hi ,
When i first changed over to the Home hub , i couldn't get my two computers to swap files over the home network . The forum editor posted on a Thread "The home hub does NOT support Microsoft network bridging by the way." and i thought Oh-oh !
Anyway i asked on the ASDL Guide forum (click here) and i got told to Launch "My Computer" , then in the address bar type "\\<name of computer>" (not typing "<>" ) then hit Go and hey presto i found the other computer . I had previously set up a home network via the Windows Home Network Wizard .
Hope this helps .
Gordon

ade.h 16:53 16 Aug 2006

It doesn't support bridging because there is no need to do so in a router-based network environment. Nor is it at all advisable to do so.

The method that you extracted from the ADSL Guide forum is the correct method; most folk seem to rely on the NSW with out realising that there are better ways to set up a workgroup.

Bayliss 22:27 16 Aug 2006

Thanks for your comments but I tried that and it doesn't work either!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?