BT Home Hub - Line stats?

TicTacToc 17:27 01 Oct 2006

BT forced me to upgrade to Option 3 because I was going over my usage limit.

I already had a BT Voyager 2100 router. That was working ok, but my downstream was erratic, from 3,500kpbs to 6000kpbs, so my noise margin always got low in the evenings and I got lots of dropped connections. I had this like 3 months, and every time I called BT they barely even knew what a Noise Margin was so I never really got anywhere.

I acutally thought I was receiving another Voyager from option 3, but of course it was the hub. THings were goin well for a while as it was at about 2,300kpbs, but next time I tunred my computer on it was at about 3,500kbps. My desktop adapter seemed to be going down to thinkgls like 1mbps instead of the normal 54mbps while my laptop didn't. .

Well anyway I seemed to get like 10 drops in 3 minutes at one time, and after unplugging everything and fiddling more it didn't drop for another 3 hours when it dropped. The line rate was about 3,500kbps.

Tests show I can support about 2-3mbps. Is there any way I can find out my line stats with the hub?

Thnks

TicTacToc 20:47 01 Oct 2006

well the hub is disconnecting every 2 minutes for about a minute so i better go back to the voyager for the moment and have disconnects every hour instead :)

2 months of trying and I still haven't got anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?