BT Home Hub issues

ukhomerj2003 08:56 24 Sep 2006

I have been with BT Broadband for some time now, and upgraded to the Home Hub a few months ago. Everything instaled well and worked OK until recently.

Now i have intermittent broadband light on the panel. which causes my internet connection to drop. It was maybe once a day, but now it is flashing more often than it is on.

I called their superb helpdesk in India, (NOT) and was told they would check the line blah blah blah and it would take 5 days.

5 days have passed, and its just as bad. I have changed filters, reset hub etc done all they ask, but they say its not a problem their end.

So who's bloody problem is it?

ANy help or advice greatly received.

steven_frost 11:40 24 Sep 2006

the other route to try is reporting a fault with your telephone line they will then check the line for you alot faster, if theirs a fault it should show up on this test so hopefuly will get a faster responce

Dipso 12:33 24 Sep 2006

You may be able to pinpoint the problem from your line stats. Access them via this link click here and post back.

steven_frost 12:40 24 Sep 2006

the problem with that is you need a password and user name the hub uses a different setup

Dipso 12:55 24 Sep 2006

Strange? I got this from another board specifically asking how to access line stats from the Home Hub and was lead to belive it would work.

The OP may already know how to access the stats. I believe you can also get to the login using bthomehub.home or 192 . 168 . 1 . 254

ukhomerj2003 14:03 24 Sep 2006

I need a username and password, where can i get these from?

jolorna 15:19 24 Sep 2006

if your on about your hub settings password / username then the standard one will be in your booklet that came with it

the pie eater 16:54 24 Sep 2006

TRY USERNAME ADMIN AND THE PASSWORD ADMIN THATS ON MY HOME HUB

ukhomerj2003 16:57 24 Sep 2006

I have tried every username and paswword i know, including ADMIN and ADMIn in upper and lower case.

I couldlaunch this bloody unit into space it is driving me mad, and BT expect me to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Dipso 19:17 24 Sep 2006

Maybe you have changed the username and password but have forgotten.

You can reset the Home Hub by pressing a button on the rear which would take it back to factory and then you could log in with username admin password admin but you would obviously have to re-configure it.

The line stats may or may not identify your fault so it's up to you if you want to take this action, I don't want to make matters worse :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?