BT Home Hub, help please?

northerngirl 14:53 11 Jul 2008

To keep my business BT said they would send me a wireless router, which I can almost envisage setting up. However, they have sent me a Home Hub, which on first glance looks terrifying to a beginner, and I am panicking already. :)
I am intending to connect two other computers ( kids) which are not wireless enabled, as is mine.
Do I still need three USB adapters?

Help please??

wis 15:34 11 Jul 2008

did it come with installation cd,this bt one is normaly very informative,will guide you though

northerngirl 16:18 11 Jul 2008

It did indeed come with the installation kit.

Will I need three adapters to enable three computers to go wireless, please? If so will any one do?

wis 20:44 11 Jul 2008

put cd in sit back read follow, any questions
you will have help and support

chill load cd

northerngirl 20:48 11 Jul 2008

Thank you, I will when BT says it is activated. I just wanted to know what I need in advance so that there is no hold ups.

iscanut 21:07 11 Jul 2008

I presume when you say adapter, you mean one of these or similar

click here

If so, one will do unless you want to use all three pcs at the same time, then they will need one each.However as your pc is already wireless enabled, you will just need two

wis 21:19 11 Jul 2008

untill you load and go though new router we
dont know,go for it any probs come back

woodchip 22:11 11 Jul 2008

You will need to connect at first with a Ethernet cable to set the Hub up. Don't think you need any drivers as it should just fall under a Wireless router. And you need to access the Setup page of the router to put your ISP and user name plus password in. You will after need to Encrypt any Wireless in the router setup page. This will stop any body out on the pavement using you Net Allowance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?