bt home hub, comp drops internet when downloading

jezmondo 01:51 28 Dec 2006

HI i hvae had a bt home hub for a while now, but recently got sent my phone for said hub at last with new disk. i have installed the disk and phone and hub work fine. except for when i try to download especially if using limewire or using torrents. the hub stays on as i have a laptop connected via wireless, but my main comp says there is not connection and i should try plugging a router etc in. if i restart the computer it works again. i can surf no problems msn no probs, leave comp on for days no probs. try to download one song and boom, shut down. any ideas as to what is going on. i noticed that norton came with the disk, i ahve tried to uninstall it but it is not shown in add remove programmes or in prog files. i ahve gone into start up and disablled it, but i need to ensure norton is gone as i think it might be something to do with it, but i can not find the application. just to make matters worse if i try to do a system restore point back in time i can not, something to do with cache files..??

i am now well stuck and very confused please help ob1..

jez

JohnC123 12:07 28 Dec 2006

There is a very useful little program on the Symantec website to remove all Norton antivirus etc.
See this click here

If the link doesn't work you can find it in Google under Symantec Removal Utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?