BT HOME HUB 5A slave mode?

mr smart 19:38 07 Oct 2017

Hi i bought a Home Hub 5 from Ebay in a box to replace my talktalk router/modem. my problem is,it is showing blue so its connected to the internet, router will connect to my laptop via wifi or ethernet but no internet connection ive tried everything,i borrowed a hub5 from a friend and was able to connect quite easily. strange thing about the one ive bought after all my attempts to connect it shows on windows7 BTHub5-KPNSLAVE there is nothing in the box or router info to suggest its a BT special , ive done a hard reset several times, i cant reach the BT hub settings page because i cant connect to the internet, any ideas???????

wee eddie 19:54 07 Oct 2017

Perhaps that is why it was for sale

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:37 08 Oct 2017

Connect directly to LAN 1 port on the router with a cable

192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2

username - admin password - password or admin

are the usual requiremnts to access the settings on the HUB

mr smart 08:42 09 Oct 2017

HI thanks for your reply's, i decided to repeat the hard reset 2 more times and cleared the SLAVE word, was then able to access home hub manager page and enter a new pass word, there are dozens of hub5s on ebay for 99p but there highly rated if you want to set up a cctv dvr

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?