bt home hub 5 locked to bt

acein1 20:55 01 May 2014

hi, we tried to connect my bt homehub 5 to my mates laptop running virgin, we are both using windows 7, we could not connect wirelessly,? is it possabe to connect the home hub to the laptop using an eternet cable direct, we for got to try this when he was here, any help or suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 01 May 2014
  acein1 21:27 01 May 2014

fruit bat ,thanks for your reply, shame realy,I thought there must be a way

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:23 01 May 2014

you cannot take the hub to his house and connect it a virgin line

your mate should be able to connect to your router at your house by inserting your passkey see here

he will then be connected to the net using your BT service

acein1 08:21 02 May 2014

fruit bat, thanks again for your help, can you please confirm if I got this right. my mate brings his laptop (virgin) to my house (bt home hub) and I give him the password to my router,he will then be connected to my (bt home hub) and we can do whatever we want, then when he gets home ,there wont be any problem getting connected to his virgin network, sorry if this is a stupid question ,just cant get it clear in my head , many thanks

onthelimit1 08:52 02 May 2014

Laptops remember wireless keys for any number of routers, so once you've logged in the first time, the laptop will auto connect every time you return to that router.

acein1 09:26 02 May 2014

many thanks to you both over and out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone