BT Home Hub

Angry Kid 19:56 30 Aug 2007

My father is having problems with his internet connection.

He currently connects to the internet in the normal way (wireless) and all is fine. However, if he pauses for a while his internet connection drops and he has to logon once again.

He thinks he has read somewhere that BT need to adjust the 'Gain' on the line. Is this correct?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Angry ;)

citadel 20:51 30 Aug 2007

many people have had trouble with the home hub. I chose the ordinary router after reading the horror stories.

[email protected] 20:59 30 Aug 2007

i have been using one with ethernet connections for over a year, no probs. theres some help click here or google home hub help and theres pages more

Dipso 21:08 30 Aug 2007

I believe increasing the gain can actually worsen the signal.

Does he have the same problems with a wired connection?

The Hub has proved problematical for many...adman 2 clearly doesn't have a problem with his though. Could he try a different router or modem?

[email protected] 21:16 30 Aug 2007

i have a mate who uses his on his pc, and had problems connecting his ps 3 to the wireless, we did it by the link i posted, i also found out how to stop the clock on the internet phone re-setting everytime the software was updated, from the same link. when you log into bthomehub and click advanced the default username and password are both 'admin' follow all advice on connecting new product and all should be well.

mammak 21:31 30 Aug 2007

Like adman 2 I have never had much of a problem with my BT Home Hub, I have two PCs and a laptop connected the only problem I have is that the Internet phones clock resets everytime a phone call is received I might have a look at adman 2 link and see if I can sort this.

Angry Kid 21:34 30 Aug 2007

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

I will be speaking to him on Skype around 10pm and will try the suggestion by adman 2.

Angry ;)

[email protected] 21:35 30 Aug 2007

it's because auto config is unticked by default, see the setting the clock detail, if you set the handset and the hub is on a different timezone (which it will be) it transfers what it thinks is the time to the handset, i have mine set to the 'europe.org' link on the post. do this and you will never have to manually set the phone.

[email protected] 21:38 30 Aug 2007

sorry that was for mammak

Angry Kid 21:41 30 Aug 2007

no probs adman 2.

Angry ;)

mammak 21:43 30 Aug 2007

Thanks adman 2 will look into that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?