BT Home Hub 2 Straight out of the box OK

compumac 13:51 27 Sep 2008

Thought I would just post this in view of the many threads that have appeared on the forums in respect of faulty BT hubs and the subsequent need for replacements.
I received my BT Home Hub 2 yesterday and the first thing out of the packaging was a large returns bag addressed to BT to send it back in! My spirits dropped at that, I therefore fully expected a problem or why would BT put a returns bag in?
I connected the hub and I was there no problems whatsoever. Straight out of the box!
Was I lucky or was I lucky?

Forum Editor 16:18 27 Sep 2008

I set up my own BT home hub2 a few weeks ago, and it also worked perfectly, first time.

mine too, my v1 from 3 years ago still works fine apart from 2 of the lights have gone very dull. if they were unreliable i don't think bt would still be using them after all these years. it's often easy to think products as unreliable because only people with problems complain you don't hear from the majority who don't have problems.

compumac 16:41 27 Sep 2008

adman 2
Fully agree in that you hear mainly from people who have had problems.

"a dissatisfied customer will tell 3 people a happy customer will tell none, so get it right!"

compumac 16:50 27 Sep 2008

adman 2
Spot on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?