BT Home Hub 2 - Internet usage monitor

compumac 14:09 23 May 2010

I have a BT Home Hub 2. I have, today, received an e-mail indicating that my usage has reached 7Gb for the month which I believe to be impossible.
I have spoken with the BT Helpline(???)based elsewhere and I got absolutely nowhere.
I am trying to establish/confirm my internet usage and checking as to whether others are somehow connecting to my connection. Every time I use BT Home Hub Manager I see that there are no wireless devices connected (at that time). I have also downloaded Think Broadband Monitor but this only appears to monitor individual PC's.
Question - How can I monitor Internet usage for the BT Home Hub 2 and ensure that there are no and not been any external connections?

rawprawn 14:20 23 May 2010

Have you encrpted your connection? WPA2-Personal is good then you will know that noboby else ca use your connection.

compumac 14:29 23 May 2010

rawprawn
It is WPA2. Not sure reference WPA2-Personal?

compumac 15:13 23 May 2010

rawprawn
Googled WPA2-Personal - Now understood.
In fact I suddenly realised that there were some Microsoft updates last week plus Emsis Antimalware updates, all by no means small - all of these on four PC's plus I had downloaded a TomTom 2Gb map update. Clickety Click. - Smack wrist and go to the bottom of the class!!

rawprawn 15:26 23 May 2010

Hey Ho, as long as you know what's happening, and that you are safe.

compumac 15:30 23 May 2010

rawprawn
Yes thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017