BT AND FREEDOM 2 SURF DONT CARE

gooberfish 11:43 01 Apr 2006

4 days ago freedom 2 surf dropped my connection from 2meg to 512 due to my phone line being about 300 years old

i had no problems with the 2meg connection at all apart from the odd disconnection.

today BT and just about every isp availability checker are saying that my line cant support broadband at all

i phoned f2s and they say they do what bt tell them , but i cant even talk to bt as they just tell me to go through f2s.

i understand that lines degrade over time but to go from 2meg down to 100kbps(which i am paying £25 a month for) is a joke.

every time i phone f2s they say tough thats just how its and wont even investigate the problem and then have the cheek to say that i never even had a 2meg connection at all..

i asked them what speed i have have been connected at for the last 9 months and they tell me 2meg, but when i say to them "so why is it still not on 2meg" they just reply with "you have never had 2meg"

to me it seems that there is a serious problem with the line but nobody wants to even try and sort it out.

any ideas who i can contact to get this sorted out because whenever i phone BT or F2S i just come up against a brick wall.

ACOLYTE 11:47 01 Apr 2006

This site springs to mind click here if your line speed has dropped from 2meg to 100k i would ask about a reduction in the £25 a month you are paying.

ACOLYTE 11:48 01 Apr 2006

opps sorry but i typed and at the end of the link somehow,click here the proper link(

gooberfish 11:55 01 Apr 2006

will be phoning them on moday as the site cant give me a definite answer to a multitude of questions i need to ask

good site though .... thanks

gooberfish 12:23 01 Apr 2006

one other thing , if i leave f2s then i wont be able to get broadband with ANYBODY and will have to go back to dialup after 3 years with broadband

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?