BT Business Hub 2700HGV Help!

ITSON 18:01 08 Jan 2009

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have recently moved office to my home and i am about to move my bt broadband service to my home telephone number.

I have 2 2700 hubs, and i wonder which is the best solution as my office is quite far away from where the telephone connection to my home is.

Could I A)
Conenct 1 of the home hubs to my phone line and use the other hub in my office to make a wireless conection? "Is that possible" to the broadband connection, As i could run a medeum extension from the tel line to the hub to cut down the disance.

B) Purchase some equipment to make my pc wireless and hope that it can detect the wireless hub.

Any help would be grand.
Many thanks in advance.

What about using ethernet over mains if the wireless signal is too weak because of distance / walls between the router and PC.

Two of the devices will only cost you about £149 (or less) and take a matter of minutes to set up.

T0SH 20:39 13 Jan 2009

There is a Repeater setting in the BT home, hub log on as Advanced, Under Configuration click on Wireless, from there is an option for it to be set as a Repeater
I have never tried this but I think it will do what you require

This site is the best source of information on home hubs that I know of
click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?