bt broadband - voyager 220v

Jai 10:00 18 Mar 2006

Just upgraded to B/B basic & the router is showing 4 green lights (power,dsl,usb,bbv) as expected. All seems ok (no idea on speeds yet - it is a hell of a lot faster than dial up!!!). When I click on the desktop icon "router manager" the reply is "unable to connect to router". This did work 2 days ago as I was checking all new programs worked. I have tried 2 on/offs both computer & router. I wonder, is it to do with Spybot & registry changes? Using XP pro;256ram;AMD 2000;80gb H/D; Explorer & O.E. 6.

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:22 18 Mar 2006

There is a reset button on the back I believe, may be worth a try as a first step.

dogbreath1 11:35 18 Mar 2006

To access the router configuration manager open your web browser and type click here into the address bar.

dogbreath1 11:36 18 Mar 2006

To access the router configuration manager open your web browser and type http ://voyager220v.home (exclude the space) into the address bar.

ACOLYTE 11:47 18 Mar 2006

Interesting setup to get to the manager,does that mean anyone with the same router can accsess your setup with the same addy?,seems a tad insecure if they can.

hansolman 12:50 18 Mar 2006

I have never got my 220v to work on voice. Broadband works fine and at full speed. BT have sent me 4 now all here boxed up and I've returned to using the 205.

Jai 08:07 19 Mar 2006

Thanks fellas - tried re-set but have now lost my BBV (note taken from hansolman!!!). Tried the link from dogbreath1, report says all ok but still can't connect to router via icon. Tried a system restore but guess what - didn't work. Thinking of bunging in the CD from BT. I knew this would be a ball ache before we ordered it!!!

dogbreath1 21:25 22 Mar 2006

It is insecure. I can access and reconfigure my DLink office router (password protected) from home using this method!

Jai 16:09 25 Mar 2006

Latest news - unistalled & unplugged everything & then re-installed but still no BB voice or connection to router. Tried another system restore to a place I know definitely worked as I have used it twice before. Why does this happen on system restore??? (may do a search on the archive). Time for a phone call to BT. What fun this is - I want to do it every week!!

Jai 18:05 07 Apr 2006

Further news - BB voice is back on after a phone call but router mgr. still cannot find modem. Instructions given were - go to click here;
log in with phone no. & password;l.click configure;l.click configure again; if page cannot be displayed then r.click web page & click create shortcut;go to icon on desktop;r.click on it then choose properties;l.click in URL line & press home;highlight api.home (only) & change it to 192.168.1.1;click apply; click ok; The router then clicked & BBV green light came on & tone on the phone changed. Now another phone call about the router mgr. icon!!!!!!!!

Jai 13:12 30 Dec 2006

Forgot about this post but it is now resolved. How? I don't know. I just left the router mgr alone for a few weeks & when I tried it last week (& today) it is working. Maybe it was a spy attack or something - who knows!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?