BT Broadband usage

preston 00:08 08 Jan 2008

Would just like to know if there is a way to find out or monitor your BB usage. My sister has been told by BT she has exceeded the amount of Gigs she is entitled to and has to pay for the excess amount. would just like to know how to stay within limits.

brundle 01:19 08 Jan 2008

click here

Only monitors the PC it's installed on though, it won't track all usage for several machines connected to a router.

€dstowe 07:49 08 Jan 2008

BT are quite tolerant about exceeding the download allowance so, if your sister is having to pay extra, it indicates that she is using a large excess. If she is going to be doing this on a regular basis, it may be better/cheaper to upgrade the package she is on to "unlimited".

i think this link only work for bt customers with a home hub tells you all data sent and recieved, have to agree thought they usually allow double the limit and often turn a blind eye to that, maybe an idea to disconnect the wireless. click here

johnnyrocker 09:15 08 Jan 2008

link shows page no available.

johnny

brundle 09:24 08 Jan 2008

It only works for Homehubs, it's a direct link to the Homehub configuration pages

preston 09:37 08 Jan 2008

thanks guys. will check out your link Brumdle.
Adman 2, will tell my sister to limit the kids time on the computer LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?