IS BT Broadband OK

premier man 16:45 21 Apr 2008

I am thinking of switching ISP,
Is BT Broadband still good to go for??

anskyber 16:48 21 Apr 2008

Compare and see. click here

€dstowe 16:50 21 Apr 2008

I've had BT broadband for as long as broadband has been available.

I'm in no hurry to change.

Technotiger 16:52 21 Apr 2008

IMHO BT is fine, I have been using BT Broadband for years, I have no complaints.

Having said that, I don't think BT does very well in comparison charts, but I prefer to go by my own very good experience.

premier man 17:03 21 Apr 2008

Cheers lads
I believe Customer support is based in India,any problems with that?

premier man 17:09 21 Apr 2008

Also do you have to wait for your Mac Code
to arrive before ordering.?

€dstowe 18:41 21 Apr 2008

Never had to use customer support.

I don't use the BT software, preferring to "go it alone" although I appreciate this won't be for everyone.

RobCharles1981 18:43 21 Apr 2008

before you think of changing ISP as anskyber said or similar to his check out click here for feedback on ISP ratings on what the general public think of BT's performance they are ranked at 36 so I wouldn't really recommend going with them, go for someone near the top ADSL24, Titan ADSL, who carry out 1 month Contracts, generous usage allowance and basically all the works.

Before you consider anything though what does Samknows tell you what you can get at your exchange??

click here

Technotiger 18:49 21 Apr 2008

I have used BT customer support in India and in UK, regarding my Broadband when it was first set-up and when I upgraded it from Option 1 to Option 3, had to hang around a bit on the phone but the end result was that everything went OK.

Technotiger 18:52 21 Apr 2008

Hi, as a matter of interest, who is your ISP?

premier man .... your MAC code is provided to you by the ISP you are leaving, not the ISP you are moving to. Your present ISP is obliged by law to give you your MAC code without delay.

Chas49 18:52 21 Apr 2008

premier man: I was with BT up to August of last year and then became disillusioned with their speed - changed to Virgin. Had a 'run-in' with their Indian call Centre, couldn't understand a word they said and at 35p per minute that was a definate no-no! Very quickly returned to BT and am satisfied - getting, on average, 2.5megs which is all I can expect at my address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?