BT broadband off-line; may still be in some areas

p;3 02:16 01 Nov 2006

in case anyone has been wondering etc; BT broadband has been off -line in many areas completely for the past several hours and, in some areas may well be still off line due to "exchange" problems;so, if you have been unable to contact someone or wondering what may be going on, the recepients have been unable to log into the net;when both of my machines declined to connect to the net I thought something must be wrong; for how long the system remains partially up and running remains to be seen ;

NoIdea21 02:48 01 Nov 2006

No problem at all here.
Thanks for the info though.

Technotiger 05:50 01 Nov 2006

Hi, hmmm, I have been unable to get on-line since approx 1730hrs yesterday - I am with BT BB.
Just got on-line again about 20mins ago. Not sure what the problem was, but working ok now, obviously.

Cheers

€dstowe 06:40 01 Nov 2006

Remember you can find out what is happening on BT BB by phoning 0800 169 0199 for the BT Broadband Status Line.

Obviously you need to use and old fashioned POTS landline to do this if there is a problem with your broadband connection.

p;3 07:33 01 Nov 2006

still very "hit and miss" connecting; I thought it was off line again when I tried to connect; see how the day goes ; from the phone line help desk contact apparently two exchanges ( less than last night)still have problems ; see what happens later today and if I can get back here later:((

Graham. 08:35 01 Nov 2006

May be affected by the Birmingham incident yesterday when cables at an exchange were cut.

Graham. 08:53 01 Nov 2006
  Les 09:12 01 Nov 2006

Wolverhampton area - my connection went down last evening, was up again when I switched on this morning at 7am.

€dstowe: Thanks for the BTBb phone number, appreciated.

Spark6 15:59 01 Nov 2006

North Somerset - the same symptoms as Les. Off for most of last evening, OK this morning. Thought my router had given up the ghost!

sebtiger 16:23 01 Nov 2006

Well my connection was down all last night but then I think it is also the home hub that is naff. And when I phoned the support it hang up on me 10 times in a row.

Seb
Oxfordshire

sebtiger 16:26 01 Nov 2006

Well my connection was down all last night but then I think it is also the home hub that is naff. And when I phoned the support it hang up on me 10 times in a row. It is still playup now.

Seb
Oxfordshire

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?