BT Broadband, how can I connect away from hub

Grambo 09:37 06 Sep 2008

Sounds like a daft q, but I am having major works done to my house and need to vacate for up to a month. I tried a wifi scan from house I will be moving to but picked up no hotspots or signal for BT Broadband Unlimited, which I signed up to. BT advised about new contracts etc, so were not much use. I need to be connected laptop most of the day, so Im really asking, is there a temporary alternative to connecting to net without costing a fortune (free?). I heard about system using mobile number etc, or even using landline at temporary accomodation.

tullie 10:05 06 Sep 2008

What about mobile broadband?But you will be tied to 18 month or 24 month contract.You can use any hotspot you can find,either free or paid for,its got nothing to do with BT .

Grambo 10:12 06 Sep 2008

Thanks for getting back, but its really a short term, one off pay as you go type of thing. I am still in my BT contract so dont want to get involved with other contracts

tullie 10:17 06 Sep 2008

I ave mine on the same line,just a case of running it through the same adapter that goes to your phone side of the line.

tullie 10:18 06 Sep 2008

Oops,sorry,wrong thread,dont know how that happened.

Grambo 10:42 06 Sep 2008

No problem (you did lose me a bit there lol). So any ideas about my thread then :-)

Technotiger 11:47 06 Sep 2008

Have a look at this lot, I am sure you will find something there click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017