BT Broadband. Help needed!!!!!

GeeKay+Dee 19:13 24 Nov 2006

My folks have got a new version of BT broadband on their PC but are experiencing problems when starting up the internet. When they sign in, the dialogue box reads as follows

Connecting to BT Yahoo Broadband
Verifying Username and Password
Launching BT Yahoo Help

However, the box will not disappear and nothing seems to happen. Have tried the BT Help icon which also offers no help. A prompt in another dialogue box is also displayed stating that there is an update to be installed. When install is selected, I am told that update has been complete, then immediately the same prompt appears again.

If I disconnect the connection,then to get internet access again I have to restart the PC as it states that a connection cannot be made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SLAYER 20:04 24 Nov 2006

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling.

p;3 20:48 24 Nov 2006

what happens if you merely click on the two green arrows which should be in your system tray?

does that bring up a box asking if you wish to connect to bb?

GeeKay+Dee 21:09 24 Nov 2006

Yes have tried uninstalling and re installing. I don't seem to have any green arrows in my system tray.

SLAYER 06:40 25 Nov 2006

Have a look in control panel/ system/hardware/device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation mark against your modem which may indicate a driver problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017