BT Broadband Connection Problems

pebemis 11:21 04 Jul 2009

I've had a BT Broadband Hub V.2 installed by a BT engineer 3 days ago. He left. It stopped working wirelessly or becqame off / on and low strength. This with the computer 2 feet away. Fine when plugged in with ethernet cable.

Two of my computers (which work fine on my alternate Broadband service) using radio cards such as Linksys and D-Link cant pick up the signal from the BT Hub. The phone which came with it also does not work (neither outgoing or incoming calls).

All the icon lights are lit blue, telling me it works. I tried the BT technical link but they only recited to me the same story that is pasted on the wall in Mumbai.

Anyone having a similar problem?

Cheers, Preston

Tech Guy 17:35 05 Jul 2009

This is a common problem with the BT Broadband Hub V.2 - they are rubbish.

Cymro. 11:14 06 Jul 2009

I used to have very much the same sort of problems with my BT Voyager 2500V router when I first had it some three years ago. But once I learned how to use the BT Wireless Connection Manager then all has been more or less well. It will cutout occasionally but when it does I just reconnect with the BT Wireless Connection program that was downloaded from the BT installation CD that come with the router originally.

Rayle 16:05 06 Jul 2009

The BT forum is the best place to ask your question.
I have had the HH2 for two years and it works fine.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?