BT Broadband Connection

shingar 08:01 08 Mar 2008

Hello I was just wondering if anyone was having problems with BT Broadband lately?

I have been using Broadband for years and this is the only problem I have had. Everytime I try to connect to the Broadband it says that it can't connect to the remote computer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Broadband but with no avail.

The only way I can get it working it to do a system restore which take up too much time. This has only been happening for the passed two weeks. The last time it worked properly, my anti-virus found a trojan horse when scanning then automatically put it into the virus vault which I deleted. And now everytime I turn the computer on this had been happening to my Broadband connection. I don't know if this is related or not but it couldn't be if I reinstalled BT Broadband.

Can anyone help before I have to phone BT? I am using a BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL Modem.

Thanks

manrow 08:26 08 Mar 2008

Sorry to be unhelpful, and a cynic, but it will probably be quicker to do a system restore than wait for BT to answer a phone call!

rawprawn 08:28 08 Mar 2008

I don't think that this is a BT problem, have you tried resetting your modem?

shingar 08:35 08 Mar 2008

I know this is probably a silly question but how do I reset my modem?

Technotiger 08:52 08 Mar 2008

To reset modem - either a reset button on rear of modem (sometimes rather small may not be easy to see) press and hold for couple of seconds, or disconnect power to modem wait 10 seconds re-connect power to modem.

Technotiger 08:56 08 Mar 2008

click here and for more info click on the Self-help guide ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?