BT Broadband connection

kwikmann 17:01 13 Nov 2006

My daughter simply cannot get online and no matter what she has been told to do by BT she always fails. She cannot even use the telephone supplied by BT because it seems as if her voice is echoing and she can't understand a word that is said. Can somebody help please. Thanks. kwikmann

Jak_1 17:03 13 Nov 2006

Have you had BT out to check the line?

Jak_1 17:04 13 Nov 2006

btw, I take it that she has filters conected to all items that use the telephone line!

bruno 19:36 13 Nov 2006

I have had a lot of trouble with Sky and today and yesterday could not get a connection at all.I managed to get through to a Tier three operator who "tuned" the strength of the incoming signal to my PC.Apparently I had some "errors" on the line.I started off with a Maxpak up to 16mbs and I have ended up being capped at 1.4 mbs to give me a more reliable connection.She explained that tring to force too many mbs down a line which is incapable of handling it is even worse than not having enough signal.I am 5 kms from the exchange and I am lucky to get more than 1 mgb as BT reckon that is the limit.
Maybe some of these points apply in your case.

kwikmann 20:09 13 Nov 2006

Daughter has only just informed me that the computer keeps popping up the following error message: The Motive Chorus Client has encountered a fatal error. Contact your service provider? Any help with this problem would be really appreciated. Thanks. Kwikmann

paddy75 20:21 13 Nov 2006

kwikmann,try this link click here Paddy

kwikmann 20:33 13 Nov 2006

Hey thanks for all the help and advice folks. Shall try out the advice i got from your link. Thanks Paddy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone